Thursday 22 March 2012

Adelie penguins

I have been reading a book called "Among Penguins" about a man who lived in Antarctica to study Adelie penguins for three months. It's really interesting! He talks about the crazy storms, and how the penguins/him and his team survive them. Also, about penguin  behaviour. Adelie penguins sound like the cutest little things in the universe. They come back to their breeding/nesting grounds yearly, but some are too young to mate so instead they become a group of mischevious/curious little penguins (little, because they go up to about your knee). So he wrote about how a little penguin crew followed him around the entire time, and how sometimes they would look somewhere between extreme curiosity and being ready to attack. And when they did attack, they would run at him and pound his legs with their little flippers! Which apparently are pretty strong. SO... I painted some. I do not like the background, but I will improve!




I also don't like the border I added too much! Regardless, it was fuuuuuuuuuun woooo.

3 comments: